Friday, November 23, 2007

More thankful thinking

To imbue the holiday with a little more meaning than just yummy turkey and pumpkin pie, I tried a couple of things this year that went pretty well (at least the kids liked them which was really my point)... 1) We created a THANKFUL TREE and provided little green leaves. We took it to dinner at Grandma's house and anyone who wanted to write what they were thankful for on a leaf and put it on the tree. We got a few takers but hope to build on this next year.

What the kids really seemed to get into was THANKFUL FOR YOU cards. We have a big family of cousins and aunts and uncles and we filled out one of these for each and every one. I particularly liked the one about blue hair and parrots. I'm just thankful to get my kids thinking about being thankful! Hope your Thanksgiving was good -- ours certainly was.

No comments:

Post a Comment