Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feeling Purple

Today I'm feeling pretty purple. What might that mean? 
Purple is royalty. A mysterious color, it is associated with both nobility and spirituality. The opposites of hot red and cool blue combine to create this intriguing color.
Purple has a special, almost sacred place in nature: lavender, orchid, lilac, and violet flowers are often delicate and considered precious. Because it is derived from the mixing of a strong warm and strong cool color it has both warm and cool properties. A purple room can boost a child's imagination or an artist's creativity. Too much though, like blue, could result in moodiness.*
It has been a good month. My photo show, my birthday, my hubby finally getting a great job he deserves! 


I feel too as though I'm finally allowing myself to feel good enough to prioritize my own creativity and to move forward and that feels royal and spiritual and well... purple. 


Maybe I'm connecting to this image because it has boosted my imagination or my creativity. 


It is not too red nor too blue. It is perfectly purple... 'tis true!


And it is in my "Eye Candy" show and now in my Etsy Shop too. If you love purple, this just may be the print for you! 








No comments:

Post a Comment