Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Perk up a room

I am certain that just the right photo can perk up a room in no time and for not a lot of cost. That is part of my thinking often times when I look at my own photos. Funny thing is that I've been so busy that I haven't really decorated any of my own walls with photos since the ones I took of my kids that are in our bathroom (and that's been awhile). 

I had a couple of my photos (from last year's Fizz show) up in our living room but honestly I need something bigger there and framed to fend off the misc. Nerf things that zoom through our air! There are certainly plenty of possibilities such as the orange tulip or even something from the ghost town pictures. 
My daughter took another smaller photo from the show and put it on her bedroom wall and it did look lovely until she had a tantrum at bedtime and all the pretty things on that wall ... well ended up not on the wall any longer. 

One of my goals for the year, along with reinvigorating both this blog and my Etsy shop, is to get more decorating done in my house and to that end, if I promise to share it here with you, then I just might actually do it this time! We have painted both kid rooms and the "family" room and our bedroom but we need to decorate more, especially the walls. 

Funny thing is that the very first image I want to frame and put on our bedroom wall is our daughter's art. The minute she drew this image, I knew it would look great against our calm green bedroom walls. 

I am committing to framing it and putting it up in our bedroom. The next question is just where it shall be placed. 

I hope to get more creative with our family photos and my own images, kid creations and other ideas so I hope you will stay tuned. 

How do you decorate your walls, if at all? 


No comments:

Post a Comment