Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How much...

Dayquil and coffee does it take to get a mama through one heck of a day?

As of 11:30 a.m., and after 2 school drop offs (one which wasn't pretty) and 2 school meetings (one for each child's school), it has taken 1 dose of Dayquil (sure wish it could be Nyquil) and 3 coffees (make that an iced Americano, a hot Americano and a hot Latte -- thank you very much).

Now I'm off to do preschool pickup, lunch bunch, some sort of lunch for the mama, trade the girlie with the papa, head to work for a meeting or two, leave work early to meet hubbie for yet another meeting and then home to start the bedtime routine.

The life of a Mama, tis a glamorous one, isn't it?! ...

Can't sit still now -- gotta go.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/16/2007

    It's a swell ride living on the edge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thrills! The chills! The spills!

    Okay, just the chills, but keep taking the Dayquil, and those'll clear right up. No one ever promised you glamour, my girl. You can't expect to have macaroni necklaces, wet fresh-out-of-the-bathtub hugs, and morning kisses AND glamour, too.

    Your head would explode.

    Feel better.

    ~C~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5/16/2007

    I feel your pain.

    It's a wonder I make it to work fully clothed.

    though I must confess I have left a toothbrush and toothpaste in my desk drawer because more than once I have been so busy getting everyone else ready that I arrive at work not having brushed my teeth at all.

    Can I update you on my flower garden saga? The survey pin has been replaced and I can start rebuilding my rock wall (and fill in with more dirt and plant annuals.) The tulips that the squirrels ate and the sewer company tore out...are being replaced straight from the Netherlands! My folks went there last month and they ordered me some real Dutch tulips. I'll let you know what happens next spring.

    ReplyDelete