Friday, June 22, 2007

Summer lovin'



Remember that song... that movie, Travolta and Olivia Newton John? If not, get out and rent that darn movie. If so, enjoy a quick flashback moment with me. Either way, if you think this post has anything to do with that movie, "well-a, well-a, well-a, uh" you'd be wrong.
What this is about is the kind of summer lovin' moment when you just want to freeze your children in time for a little while to stay put in the good times. When you want to keep the inevitable shove or disagreement from happening. When you just love the heck out of 'em.
The best I can do to freeze my little ones in time is to preserve those loving moments... today it is here. So here goes... while playing Decorate the House with all the Blankets We Can Find, the girl says ... and I quote "Brother, you are a genius. You are a GEN-I-US. Brother... A genius you are." Gotta love 'em, especially when they're loving each other!
Here's to an all new summer of LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. Funny you should mention that song...I listened to the soundtrack twice this weekend and just can't get enough. I remember seeing that movie for the first time when it was released with my best friend (Jr High?) and coming out of it in love with both John and Olivia! That was a perfectly cast movie.

    ReplyDelete