Sunday, April 28, 2013

Some Things I Like Sunday

I can hardly believe it is already Sunday again, but here we are! This past week has been hectic at Mama Picture This 1) because Mama had some sick kiddos on her hands and 2) because I have really started working to improve my shop and promotion of it too! I am truly hoping to find those customers who like what I do and provide photo items that they will love. 

Today as much as I want to be in my shop making up photo card sets and other fun things, I'm stretched on the coach, drinking tea, eating soup and hoping to get rid of the cold I no doubt caught from my kids. 

I have been keeping up with what is going on on Etsy today however and I have noticed that there are LOTS of new listings that happen on Saturdays. So there have been many many things for me to covet for my Sunday blog posting. 

And truly, besides looking at Etsy and laying on the couch, about the only thing I've got the strength to do is read a book. I haven't yet today (snafu with my daughter but I digress) but I probably will before I go to bed. 

One of the great things about shopping online and especially on Etsy, is you get great handmade things - yes, but also you can find something for just about anyone. Today's theme for me is perfect gifts for people who love to read. 


If you or someone you know is a fan of Edgar Allen Poe, as I have been on occasion, they may enjoy wearing this beautiful necklace from TerraNovaJewelry featuring the image of a raven and the words of Poe himself. 

"“Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.” 

― Edgar Allan Poe



For the lover of words -- all words, each and every word -- you may enjoy this simple and charming black and white image printed right on to the page of a dictionary to make it extra special. 

The collageOrama shop has many different images of all different styles -- some black and white, some in full color -- to choose from!  



If music notes are more your style, there are options for you too. A great gift for a lover or performer of music, might be this gorgeous butterfly print on a piece of vintage sheet music by CirquedeArt

I have been pondering the printing of some of my images on to the printed page and am currently thinking about just which images and which printed pages might work best. I'll keep you up-to-date on my thoughts, process and any products that come from this particular creative process. In the meantime, enjoy a good book or a good piece of art printed on the pages of one! 

Mama Zuzi





2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my print! Have a nice day :-)

    ReplyDelete