Monday, May 06, 2013

Tutorial - How I Make My Backgrounds for Listings

Since I started re-shooting my listings for the shop (at least the card ones so far), and had some interest in the process, here is a brief tutorial (if you will) on setting up and taking listing photos for my shop. Here's an old listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/68167526/bleedings-hearts-blank-card-mini-set-of?ref=shop_home_active


1. I started with the top of our refrigerator
2. Add a fairly neutral but beautiful art paper with magnets
3. Add a photo note card (magnet hidden inside)
4. Add an envelope (tuck behind card - with or without magnet
5. I added a branch for a little interest and perspective
6. Zoom in and finish! 

I hope you have enjoyed peeking inside my creative process. I like the results but would be interested in hearing your opinion as well. I am weighing whether or not to use this same backdrop presentation in some way for my photo prints. Check out the actual listing in the shop... https://www.etsy.com/listing/67386771/photo-note-card-sunflower-photo-card?ref=shop_home_active

I hope you'll share your thoughts in a comment below! 

Ciao for now, 

Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment