Monday, November 27, 2006

I hope you dance



Remember making pinecone bird feeders as a kid? I do and passed it on to my kidlets. So far no birds (that we've seen) but one was quickly stolen off our back tree -- we're assuming by a squirrel or maybe a raccoon.

I can't believe it has been a whole week since last I blogged. I started several posts during that time, only to have them circumvented by computer technology or shall we say lack thereof (my computer was not cooperating) and then life and turkey and sibling squabbles and shopping (thank goodness most of that's over) and just the things in life that get in the way...

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm feeling exhilarated by the holiday season and all the possibilities that brings for ways to be with my children and our family. I am glad to have finished most of my shopping (I try to do as little time at the shops and malls as humanly possible) and that I can now focus in at home on candles and gift-making, decorations and cooking, appreciating and sharing.

Despite the desire to hunker down and nest at home, the world beyond beckoned us out of our comfortable family slumber today -- back to work and school. We weren't quite ready but did our best to reassimilate. Despite my best efforts to get back in the groove, I must admit to finding my mind wandering often...



back to our house where I wanted to be - with a warm fire, watching the snow fall (yes there WAS some falling), being crafty working on sewing our new family advent calendar with my newly inspired seamstress son and... taking breaks to dance with my daughter.


Welcome back to the holiday season. I hope you dance!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/30/2006

    Hi Sue,

    Just wanted to tell you that I love the pictures you post. They are so well done and go so well with what you're writing.

    ReplyDelete